Covenant University was established in 2002 with a Vision to raise a new generation of leaders armed with seven core values (spirituality, possibility mentality, capacity building, responsibility, diligence, integrity and sacrifice) for effective and impactful leadership in whatever field of human endeavour they occupy. The University has the mandate to be among the top 10 world-class universities by 2022. Frantic and strategic efforts had been made since 2012 when the mandate was given and proofs are fast emerging towards the attainment of the feat.
Within the short period of the existence of the University, we have left no one in doubt about our commitment to rewrite the history of Higher Education in Nigeria. At the inception of the University, we introduced a number of strategic programmes, some of which have now been adopted at the national level. They include:
- The introduction of Entrepreneurial Development Studies (EDS) to the National Curricular
- The abolition of the Pass Degree from the degree classifications
- The introduction of Dress Code
- The introduction of the Total Man Concept (TMC) Programme
- The introduction of the Towards a Total Graduate (TTG) Programme
- The introduction of Certificate/ Diploma Programmes in Leadership
Globalization is a collective representation and our doors are open to all well meaning Nigerians and corporate entities for partnership. This is what Covenant University stands for and we are committed to this cause with God helping us.