A good number of research products are available in Covenant University. Opportunities in this respect are abound and the Directorate of Partnership is eager to initiate formal discourse on any area of interest with prospective partners. Information on available Research Products are as highlighted below:
- Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.
Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for Deep circle batteries
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
- To produce interlocking bricks
- It can produce one brick at a time
- It can produce forty bricks in one hour or depending on the expertise of the operator and the labourers involved.
Some research products recently exhibited by the Building Department
Interlocking stones with special mix for extra durability and cost-effectiveness.
The Solar PV technology is primarily a semiconductor-based technology used to
convert solar radiation into direct electricity and power electrical appliances.
Some research products recently exhibited by the Chemical Engineering
Department. These include Radiator Coolant and Liquid Soap.
MULTIPURPOSE COWPEA DEHULLER
- To remove seed coat and separate shaff from the seed
- It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes
Some research products recently exhibited by the Civil Engineering Department- All-encompassing Eli-pad 5-Star Hotel Building model (accommodating Helicopter landing and entry of Guests at the Hotel).
- To determine terminal velocity of materials. This terminal velocity is usually used in designing cyclone
- For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in 4 minutes
Some research products recently exhibited by the Physics Department include:
- Solar Charge controller (this is a simple charger for deep cycle batteries)
- Solar Cooker (it cooks by the use of energy from the sun)
- Multiple output DC power supply (used to carry out simple electronic and basic
practical in electricity in the laboratory)
- Surge Protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher (AVS) (it protects the
appliance from high or low voltage)
- Inverter (Modified SineWave) (this is a DC to AC converter)
- Delay Timer (used to determine how long a given device can be operated)