10W FUEL CELL EXPERIMENT APPARATUS
The fuel cell is an air-breathing device, which uses the oxygen available in the air and therefore only requires a supply of hydrogen to operate. It comprises 10 cells connected to form a stack to give an output of 10-12W at 6v D.C. It is totally self-contained and it generates its own power and requires no electricity supply. The Fuel cell Equipment can be used to perform the following Experiments.
- Demonstrate Fuel cell characteristics
- Measure current efficiency of fuel cell
- Demonstrate battery charging
MODULAR SERVO SYSTEM
The Modular Servo System is particularly intended for experimental use by students for studies of closed-loop systems, and for students who may be more concerned with obtaining a general qualitative grasp of closed-loop techniques than with precise analytic investigations. It is arranged as a series of assignments together with the relevant theory. Advanced work is printed in a companion manual for undergraduates or professional engineers who are making a serious study of control engineering.
ELECTRIC MACHINES AND CONTROL PANEL
These trainers are used for carrying out experiments on DC motor speed and torque control for both closed loops and open loops configurations
ELECTRO PNEUMATICS SYSTEM AND PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLER (P.L.C.)
- The electro-pneumatic control system is a control system for pipe organs, whereby air pressure, controlled by an electric current and operated by the keys of an organ console, opens and closes valves within wind chests, allowing the pipes to speak. This system also allows the console to be physically detached from the organ itself.
- A programmable logic controller, PLC or programmable controller is a digital computer used for the automation of typical industrial electromechanical processes, such as control of machinery on factory assembly lines, amusement rides, or light fixtures. PLCs are used in many industries and machines. PLCs are designed for multiple analogue and digital inputs and output arrangements..
This equipment is used during experiments to measure and display electrical signals with the shape displayed on the attached screen.
WIRELESS ELECTRICITY METER
This device designed in the department is capable of remotely monitoring electricity usage. It can be used by electricity distribution companies to remotely send bills to the meter and the subscriber’s mobile phone. It can also be used to connect and disconnect the subscriber line in the house in case subscribers are unable to pay their bills on time.
MENTOR DESKTOP ROBOT
The Mentor is the ideal entry point into the world of robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. The Mentor has an articulated arm with joints similar to that of the human arm and this configuration is widely used industrially. Each of the axes is driven by a DC servo motor with its position monitored by a potentiometer. An in-built controller provides closed-loop control of the system and constantly provides monitoring data for the computer. Programming may be from the computer by setting the data for each axis or by incrementing the axes by selecting them and using the + and – keys or the scroll bar.
LPKF Proplace Automatic Machine Printed Circuit Board Development Machine
Promax 100 LPKF Printed Circuit Board Milling Machine
INDUSTRIAL PROCESS FAULT-FINDING TRAINER
The Industrial Process Fault-Finding Trainer is designed to provide a platform for a student to trace a fault down to a detailed level in a systematic way. A fault can be introduced by the instructor via switches concealed behind a locked compartment to which the student does not have access. These switches provide short circuit, open circuits and can switch in or out circuit elements to simulate a variety of fault conditions.
EDUCATIONAL WIND TURBINE
The Wind turbines are machines that convert wind energy into electrical energy. The Wind Turbine can be used to generate electricity and conduct studies in renewable energy engineering. It can be used to perform the following Experiments.
- Dynamometer Torque- current constant
- Changing of pitch angle of the Wind Turbine
- Changing of Turbine Distance from fan to know maximum output voltage
The pendulum workshop can be divided into two separate control problems. First is the crane control problem, in which the goal is to move the cart into a desired position with as little oscillation of the load (pendulum arms) as possible. The other is to stabilize the inverted pendulums in an upright position. The crane control problem is very often encountered in industrial applications where load movement is incorporated.
MODULAR SERVO SYSTEM
The Modular Servo System is particularly intended for experimental use by students for studies of closed-loop systems, and for students who may more concerned with obtaining a general qualitative grasp of closed-loop techniques than with precise analytic investigations. It is arranged as a series of assignments together with the relevant theory. Advanced work is printed in a companion manual for undergraduates or professional engineers who are making a serious study of control engineering.
TWIN ROTOR MIMO SYSTEM (TRMS)
The TRMS workshop serves as a model of a helicopter. However, some significant simplifications are made. First is the fact that TRMS is attached to a tower and second of great importance that the helicopter position and velocity is controlled through the rotor velocity variation. In the real helicopter the rotor velocity is more less constant and the propulsion is varied through the rotor blades angel modification. Nevertheless the most important dynamic characteristics present in a helicopter are captured in the TRMS model.
UNIVERSAL ELECTRONIC LABORATORY TRAINER
These trainers are capable of generating up to 100 different experiments on topics for teaching Digital electronics and Analogue Electronics
HIGH VOLTAGE LABORATORY
The high voltage laboratory is a specialized laboratory both for undergraduate/postgraduate teaching and research and also for industrial purposes. The following experiment can be performed in High Voltage Laboratory
- High voltage A.C. Measurement
- High Voltage D.C. Measurement
- Discharge and break down in air sphere gap experiments
- Shaping the Impulse Voltage
- High Impulse Voltage Measurement
- Study of breakdown phenomena in air, oil and solid dielectrics under uniform and non-uniform electrode configurations
- Capacitor and loss tangent measurement
- Partial discharge testing and measurement techniques
- Measurement of Corona
- Fog test of Insulators
- Measurement of earth resistance
- Measurement of resonant frequencies and internal voltage distribution in transformer windings
- Electromagnetic field measurement using field meter
- Measurement of harmonies using energy analyzer, impulse generator equipment.